Date:      Fri, 30 Mar 2001 13:41:56 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Garbled keymaps in RC1

I just installed RC1. It was a new installation on an empty slice.

In the configuration portion of the install, I chose the us.unix
keymap. When I reached the point of needing to make a text entry, the
character map was very garbled. It may have been Dvorak, but it as
sure not qwerty.

I've normally used this keymap in the past with no problems. I
switched to us.iso and everything was back to normal. I then had to
re-enter the root password as it was totally hosed when entered in
sysinstall.

Has anyone else seen this?

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)