Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 2000 01:40:10 -0600
From:      "Jeff Westfahl" <jmwestf@fullnet.net>
To:        <aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Tape Drive Not Detected

Hi.

This part leads me to believe that the tape drive is being detected on SCSI
ID2.

-- (scsi0:0:2:0)
--   Device using Narrow/Async transfers.
--   Transinfo settings: current(0/0/0/0), goal(0/0/0/0), user(25/15/0/0)
-- Total transfers 0 (0 reads and 0 writes)

What probably happened is that SUSE doesn't have the SCSI tape driver
compiled into the kernel.  Try "insmod st" as root and see what happens.  I
don't actually have a tape drive, so I don't know if there are any module
parameters or anything else needed to get the drive working.

Anybody please correct me if I am wrong.

Jeff