Date:      Sun, 16 Apr 2000 15:16:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Bruce R. Montague Brucem" <brucem@mail.got.net>
To:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   3.4 PicoBSD loader.rc FICL dict space.

 Hi, all, forgive what might be the wrong place for what might
just be a newbie note. I've tried to check what I thought would
be all the right places, such as the FreeBSD open bug list...
Perhaps I didn't go back far enough?

 Using the FreeBSD 3.4 cd-roms from Walnut Creek, I built
PicoBSD, but the loader couldn't make it through the loader.rc
FICL script, which got a dictionary out of space error that was
confirmed by a "words" command.

 To boot cleanly I just replaced the display menu stuff with
"start", that is, I replaced /usr/src/release/picobsd/forth/loader.rc
with:

------
include /boot/loader.4th

only forth definitions also support-functions

s" /boot/defaults/loader.conf" initialize
start
-----

 Is this normal? Should the FICL dictionary be expanded? Did
other FICL stuff grow in 3.4, making the old code no
longer fit? Any comments or advice appreciated...

 Regards,

 - bruce