Date:      Fri, 17 Feb 2006 10:32:42 -0500
From:      Dave Stephens <hsoftdev17@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   HT/SMP Question (FreeBSD 6.0)

I've upgraded my web server's CPU to one with HT and I was curious
about the current state of affairs with HT compatibility and speed
under FreeBSD 6.0.  I've followed the SMP lists for some time and
honestly I've lost track on whether it's a good thing to enable SMP in
my kernel or not and whether there are special options for HT in the
kernel config.

Sorry this is so vague, I'm not having a problem as I'm running my
custom kernel with HT/SMP disabled for now.  In my searches the
consensus seems to be that if you don't have 2 real cores don't bother
with SMP and I want to confirm that is still the case.  Any info
anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!