Date:      Sun, 30 Sep 2001 12:56:02 -0500
From:      Bart Kus <bsd@shell-server.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sio modification

On Sunday 30 September 2001 10:38, you wrote:
> Your machine will not work too well if it is 40kHz.
>
> The PPS-API allows you to timestamp edges on DCD, if the frequency is
> more reasonable, that would work for you.  Find RFC27xx for more info
> about PPS-API.

	Oh really.  I was actually reading pps.c, and it looked like it was for the
parallel port interrupt pin only.  I'd rather avoid cutting up this connector
if I can.  Is the DCD edge timestamp (which would be PERFECT) already
implemented, or is this a spec for me to write for when modifying sio.c?

	If I do have to write something, for my work to be included anywhere, I
should be writing for the -CURRENT kernel, right?  I presently run -STABLE,
so that would obviously be the more comfortable kernel to write for...but it
is *STABLE* after all.

		--Bart

PS: That's RFC2783