Date:      Fri, 29 Jun 2018 10:44:51 +0200
From:      Ivan Radovanovic <radovanovic@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        Tomas Weinfurt <Tomas.Weinfurt@microsoft.com>
Subject:   kevent behavior if more than one item in changelist

Hi,

Am I correct in understanding that passing more than one item in
changelist for kevent(2) should be identical (from event subscription
point of view) to calling kevent multiple times with one item in changelist?

ie, these two be should equivalent

struct kevent kev[2];
kevent(kqueue, kev, 2, NULL, 0, NULL);

and

struct kevent kev[2];
kevent(kqueue, kev, 1, NULL, 0, NULL);
kevent(kqueue, kev + 1, 1, NULL, 0, NULL);

At least for unix sockets with EVFILT_READ and EVFILT_WRITE those two
are not equivalent (seems only first item in changelist is honored), so
I wanted to double check if that is expected before filing bug report

Kind regards,
Ivan