Date:      Tue, 17 Mar 1998 14:48:56 -0600
From:      Gabor Kincses <gabor@acm.org>
To:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Thinkpad and ppbus

I'm trying to get my parallel port ZIP drive working with the new ppbus
driver set, but I'm stuck.  Here's the relevant portion of dmesg:

ppc0 at 0x3bc irq 7 flags 0x4 on isa
ppc0: SMC-like chipset (ECP/EPP/PS2/NIBBLE) in EPP mode (EPP 1.9)
ppi0: <generic parallel i/o> on ppbus 0
plip0: <PLIP network interface> on ppbus 0
nlpt0: <generic printer> on ppbus 0
nlpt0: Interrupt-driven port
vpo0: <Adaptec aic7110 scsi> on ppbus 0
vpo0 waiting for scsi devices to settle
npx0 flags 0x1 on motherboard
npx0: INT 16 interface

Could an increased timeout value be necessary for this box (755CX, fall
1995)?

Also, after the vpo lines show up, the console goes blank, until
switching to ttyv1 and back to ttyv0.  Then the background is bright
red.  I also had to hack syscons.h to a 37x100 console.

--
Gabor Kincses
(gabor@acm.org)