Date:      Fri, 9 May 2014 14:45:05 -0700
From:      Garrett Cooper <yaneurabeya@gmail.com>
To:        "Walker, Myron" <myron.walker@isilon.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-testing@freebsd.org" <freebsd-testing@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Adding Python Wrapper for ATF

On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 2:26 PM, Walker, Myron <myron.walker@isilon.com> wro=
te:
> I have created a python wrapper atfpy-sh that will act as an atf program =
and wrap a python module that contains unittest test cases.  I have include=
d a zip of the wrapper script and the man page for it.  I believe it will b=
e very efficient to create python unittest test cases and debug them in an =
full IDE environment like eclipse and PyDev on any linux or unix desktop sy=
stem against shared libraries that are common between operating systems.  T=
hen just add them to the FreeBSD source tree as ATF wrapped tests once they=
 are fully operational tests.

> See the attached zip for the atfpy-sh script, manpage, and an example uni=
ttest python module.  I was putting it under contrib/atf/atfpy-sh and addin=
g a Makefile under usr.bin/atf/atfpy-sh to copy atfpy-sh to /usr/bin.  Then=
 just stick the test file in a folder under /user/tests, modify the Kyuafil=
e for the folder and it should work.

> I think this would make a great addition to ATF.  I would really like to =
be able to use it.

Hi Myron,
    I think the attachment was stripped from the email. You might want
to contact Alan Somers about his unittest backend for Kyua [1] and
when it might be included in the devel/kyua-testers port; Julio
manages the upstream source [2].
HTH!
-Garrett

1. http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-testing/2013-November/000107.=