Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 1997 23:16:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pgcc as a cross compiler...

Hi.  I got a hold of the pgcc port, and ran make;make install on it,
however I'm at a loss as to how to call it from gcc.  The info and
manpages for gcc claim that one can call different versions of gcc using
the -btargettype and -Vversion command line switches.  However running gcc
-bpentium-unknown-freebsd -V2.7.2p -mpentium -o test test.c bombs out,
adding the -v switch shows that gcc isn't calling the pgcc.  Is the gcc
that comes with FreeBSD setup to support this kind of setup, or am I doing
something horribly wrong?

- alex