Date:      Tue, 27 May 1997 18:31:09 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Bernie Doehner <bad@uhf.wireless.net>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bt848 hangups on 486's

Bernie Doehner:
 |That reminds me. Something else I'd like to try is running fxtv without
 |DMA. Where is the list of arguments that fxtv takes?

Thanks for reminding me.  A "-help" option would be a good add :-)

The option you want is "-disableDirectV".

To get all the options (for now), do "strings fxtv | grep ^-".  Basically
every provided X resource (documented in the sample Fxtv app-default file)
is also a command-line option.

 |Btw, I downloaded the RZ1000/CD640 test program, but it relies on the test
 |disk being msdos format which mine is not, so I can't test it. But I have
 |looked all over the board and not found these two chips

Glad to hear it!

 |From Randall's comments it sure seems like fxtv is eating up too much CPU
 |time. Unfortunately second to last crash took out today's mail spool
 |file. Randall mentioned a program he used called xs* to look at X protocol
 |activity. Could someone please fill in the blank?

XScope.  Here's the URL I have saved of where where I got it:

   ftp://www.hds.com/hds/contrib/xscope.tar.Z

By default, it sets up a virtual display on your XServer (e.g. :1.0) and
channels all the X protocol to the "real" display, so it's hooked in like a
protocol analyzer.  Has options to let you setup other configurations.

Randall