Date:      Mon, 18 May 2020 10:57:00 +0300
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
To:        wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   iwm rfkill

I am trying to get my laptop fully functional and one of the things that
currently does not work as expected is a Wi-Fi / Radio special key.
It seems to be handled fully in hardware (but not 100% sure), but when I press
it only bluetooth is turned off, but Wi-Fi stays on.

This is the hardware:
iwm0: <Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless AC 3168> mem 0xfe800000-0xfe801fff at device
0.0 on pci3
iwm0: hw rev 0x220, fw ver 22.361476.0, address xx

When I press the key I see these messages:
iwm0: iwm_intr: rfkill switch, disabling interface
ugen0.6: <vendor 0x8087 product 0x0aa7> at usbus0 (disconnected)
ubt0: at uhub1, port 4, addr 5 (disconnected)
ubt0: detached

However, ifconfig still shows that wlan0 is UP and RUNNING and the traffic keeps
flowing.

So, it seems that the RF KILL bit gets set and it's detected by the driver, but
whatever the driver does is not enough to turn off the Wi-Fi.
Does anyone have any patches or suggestions or pointers (documentation, etc) ?

Thanks!
--
Andriy Gapon