Date:      Mon, 25 Mar 2002 15:54:23 -0500
From:      Mathew Kanner <mat@cnd.mcgill.ca>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   playing DVD works

Hi All,
	Just a note to the list to say that playing DVDs does indeed
work.  I borrowed my friends Austin Powers DVD and tried to play it.
I installed the CVS version of mplayer (from last night)

mplayer -dvd 1 -dvd-device /dev/acd1c  -cache 20960

	Without the cache, the A/V sync gets really bad and I get the
standard mplayer "your machine is too slow" message.  For the record,
my machine is a dual celeron 500.
	XFree 4, xv output and hw.ata.atapi_dma=1 in /boot/loader.conf.
4.4-STABLE FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE #2: Mon Dec 10 20:43:49 EST 2001

	--Mat

--
The Brain: Are you pondering what I'm pondering, Pinky?
Pinky: Wha, I think so Brain, but-- *snort* No, no, it's too stupid.