Date:      Tue, 20 Aug 2002 15:54:52 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Jarkko Santala <jake@iki.fi>
To:        Wincent Colaiuta <wincentcolaiuta@mac.com>
Cc:        Philip Paeps <philip@paeps.cx>, <security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Chroot environment for ssh

On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Wincent Colaiuta wrote:

> if we're not careful, we end up giving them a login shell. Using ssh2
> from the ports gets around this limitation, but just check the licence
> before you install to make sure that you qualify (otherwise it's not
> free).

I guess _nobody_ actually _reads_ the LICENSE, since it clearly states
that the version of ssh2 in question is free for _any_ use (commercial or
not) on free UNIX platforms including FreeBSD. The important part of the
LICENSE file is here:

--cut--
To qualify for a Non-Commercial Version License, You must: (1) use the
Software solely on a system under the Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, or OpenBSD
operating system (whether for commercial or non-commercial use), or (2)
use the Software for non-commercial purposes as defined herein and be a
Non-Commercial Entity as defined herein, or (3) be an University User as
defined herein, or (4) be an Excluded Contractor as defined herein.
--cut--

Notice the use of the word "or".

I do recommend everyone reads the LICENSE themselves in full, since I am
not a lawyer and anything I say, have said or will say should not be taken
as legal advice in and/or under any circumstances no matter what they are,
where they are, where am I and/or who am I.

	-jake

--
Jarkko Santala <jake@iki.fi>            http://www.iki.fi/~jake/
System Administrator                    2001:670:83:f08::/64