Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 1999 23:10:10 +1200
From:      "Dan Langille" <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
To:        Jonathan Chen <jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp.nz.freebsd.org

On 30 Mar 99, at 9:36, Jonathan Chen wrote:

> Just out of curiousity, I wondered whether ftp.nz.freebsd.org was in
> use, and I was surprised when `ftp ftp.nz.freebsd.org' actually came
> back with something!
>
> Hmm. No FreeBSD mirror there. It's Clear-Net's (a major NZ ISP) FTP
> server. Anybody know the reason why ftp.nz.freebsd.org is pointing
> there?

I think if you check now, you'll find it does have some FreeBSD stuff
there.  Not everything, but we're working on that.

We are very pleased to say that we have reached an agreement with an ISP
in Auckland to host our machine for us.  We are now in the process of
putting together a box to ship up to them.  Once that process is complete,
you should have a pretty fast connection to the new New Zealand FreeBSD
mirror!

cheers.

--
Dan Langille