Date:      Fri, 03 Apr 1998 17:51:46 +0200
From:      "Stefan Bethke" <stefan@promo.de>
To:        hm@hcs.de
Cc:        "Wolfgang Helbig" <helbig@Informatik.BA-Stuttgart.DE>, freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: i4b-L1-F_ill:What is this?

[ Sorry, I missed the original post ]

--On Fre, 3. Apr 1998 10:32 Uhr +0200 "Wolfgang Helbig"
<helbig@Informatik.BA-Stuttgart.DE> wrote:

>> 	- although Q.921 doesn't require this, shall a TEI request procedure
>> 	  be initiated on arrival of a TEI check request with a group TEI
>> 	  and no local TEI assigned yet ?

As far as I have understood Q.921, the TEI check procedure is done to find
out which TEs are still online, and which TEIs are no longer in use (because
those TEs have left the bus), for the sole purpose of being able to reclaim
unused TEIs.

Actually, the switch will initiate a check on arrival of a TEI request if
the maximum number of TEIs are already assigned, and thus no free TEI is
available. Whether this check is addressed to individual TEIs or the group
TEI might be implementation specific.

Under the assumption that we don't have any TEI, we should not try to get
one until we need it.

Stefan
--
Stefan Bethke
Promo Datentechnik      |  Tel. +49-40-851744-18