Date:      Mon, 5 May 1997 13:35:49 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help with merging in local changes with CVS etc...

> > Sure looks like he said he wanted to make a local changes to his copy
> > of the _CVS repository_, *NOT* his copy of the _checked out source
> > tree_.
>
> Yep, ``it looks like''.  But this was, not un-apparently, since he
> just didn't know how CVS is working.  It was fairly clear that the
> intent was not to do local ongoing development on the additional bits.

It still isn't clear to me that he wasn't asking the question the
way he was because he wanted the changes *in* CVS.

There are a lot of good reasons for wanting this, not the least of
which is he can check out a source tree on his (or another) machine
and build it -- and have the ppa driver available as a result of the
checkout, instead of having to manually lump it around from machine
to machine.

					Regards,
					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org