Date:      Fri, 26 May 2006 12:40:03 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren_Schmidt?= <sos@deepcore.dk>
To:        Martin Nilsson <martin@gneto.com>
Cc:        b-tuck@gmx.net, current@FreeBSD.ORG, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren_Schmidt?= <sos@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Broadcom ServerWorks HT-1000 support in OpenBSD

Martin Nilsson wrote:

> I'm running FreeBSD 6.1 on boards with HT1000 chipset, both ATA and SATA
> works as well under FreeBSD as it does under OpenBSD. Neither of them
> supports anything else than IDE mode for SATA.

Yep, they are supported as GENERIC ATA devices.

>> Hardware has arrived here and I'm working on support as time permits,
>> watch -current for the commit when I'm done...
>
> Are you working on supporting the MMIO mode for SATA? (the one used by
> Linux - which does not support IDE mode!) There is also a really nice
> RAID mode (for a non HW-raid solution!) that depends on a binary blob
> from Broadcom available only for Linux/Windows.

I have proper PATA support done, and SATA MMIO mode is also working in a
proof of concept mode here, the problem beeing lack lack of decent docs.
I'll look at the RAID stuff when I have the HW support licked, it should
be an easy job adding support for it to ataraid.

-Søren