Date:      Sat, 9 Jun 2001 02:45:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Pete Carah <pete@ns.altadena.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        markm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Two pam/ssh questions.

Following up on my own note:
> The problem is most likely that the pam upgrade happened but the
> MFC for changes to pam.conf got forgotten.

That is true but isn't enough.  There are also many changes (like
a whole new vendor import) in openssh.  I'm too tired now to deal
with this.

> If you look at a pam.conf from -current it is *VERY* different.  I'm
> going to import that from my current box once it comes on line
> (it's on a remote ISDN line and only comes on line when ntp decides
> to poll :-) and see what it does.

Doesn't help enough.  The problem appears to be that if you don't use
password auth, then no pam module gets loaded.  Then when setcred is called
the dispatch fails.

-- Pete