Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 2000 22:26:53 -0500
From:      Doug Ledford <dledford@redhat.com>
To:        Neil Phipps <nphipps@sgi.com>
Cc:        "Dixon, Travis" <travisd@cda.com>, "'aic7xxx@freebsd.org'" <aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 7899 problems

Neil Phipps wrote:

> Find out which version of the aic7xxx driver you are using ... it shows
> up during the boot sequence ... I have had a problem with a similar (but
> not identical) configuration.  It was solved with aic7xxx 5.1.25, 26 and
> 27 versions (I haven't tried the latest yet).  You can get the drivers
> from Doug Ledford's page at RedHat ( people.redhat.com/dledford ) and
> there are comprehensive instructions there as well.
>
> Hope it helps, let me know.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Neil Phipps
> Silicon Graphics.
> Phone : 1-(650)-933-3956
> Fax   : 1-(650)-933-3542
>
> Dixon, Travis wrote:
> >
> > I'm trying to install 3.4-RELEASE onto a new Dell Poweredge 2450 with the

By 3.4-RELEASE I assume you mean FreeBSD.  In that case, Neil's advice might
not work out so well since my web page is the linux driver ;-)  Justin reads
this list, but I'm pretty sure that the problem is that 3.4-RELEASE simply
doesn't support the 7899 controller.

--

 Doug Ledford <dledford@redhat.com>  http://people.redhat.com/dledford
      Please check my web site for aic7xxx updates/answers before