Date:      Sat, 16 Mar 1996 13:13:13 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        compland@ism.com.br, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux emulation

Doug White stands accused of saying:
> On Thu, 14 Mar 1996, Helio Coelho Jr. - CompuLand Informatica wrote:
>
> >   I've done all the steps to run linux binaries in Free (get the library,
> > rebuild the kernel and run the lkm for Linux), but when I run Doom-1.8
> > I get "Bus error" either in the shell or in X. Someone has a clue ?
>
> The emulation is still not running.  Double check that you made the
> changes properly and the lkm is loaded.

More helpfully, you should send us the output of the 'modstat' command,
which will show whether the Linux LKM is loaded.

Also, you don't say which version of FreeBSD you're running, or which
keren option you used when you rebuilt your kernel.  For a while back now
there was some accidentally incorrect advice suggesting you should use
options "LINUX_COMPAT" where it should have been "COMPAT_LINUX".

If you're running current, you just want options "LINUX", and do _NOT_
load the lkm 8)