Date:      Sat, 3 Feb 1996 18:45:04 -0600 (CST)
From:      Daniel Baker <dbaker@cocoa.ops.neosoft.com>
To:        Chad Shackley <zoogy@cris.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Compiling current

On Sat, 3 Feb 1996, Chad Shackley wrote:

> I did a sup to current, but I still can't find out what needs to be done to
> compile the new system.  The most documentation I could find said to "at
> least do a make world".  Well, it didn't say from where, and it didn't say
> what to do before, or after, or "at most".

If you're not exactly sure what to do, you may want to be careful with
-current.  It's not really supported by FreeBSD, and it's just things
that are changed and commited by the FreeBSD core team.

If not done right, or even if you do it right, it could wreck your
system, I'd recommend you subscribe to freebsd-current before you start
doing this, etc.

> Help please?

cd to /usr/src
and type in
make world

On my Intel Pentium 66 with 24 MB ram, I can compile world in about 7 to
8 hours, so if you're running on a 386 or something........

> Thanks.
>
> Chad

Daniel

--
   Daniel Baker - Daniel@Cuckoo.COM
"Huhuhu, thank you, drive through please"