Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2000 05:54:35 GMT
From:      a-m-g01@home.com
To:        aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tape Drive Not Detected

Hi Jeff,

Thanks but I have already tried this with the SCSI tape driver
compiled into the kernel and compiled as a module. I tried "insmod st"
again just in case, but although the module loaded the tape drive
device was still not recognised (mt gave a 'No Such Device' error).
I also know that the st driver is working correctly because my
external Exabyte tape drive works correctly.

I agree that the tape drive has been detected, but unless the drive
is listed in the boot messages then it does not appear to be
available.=20

The Wangdat 3200 drive does appear to be a bit awkward, the kernel
that I had previous to the 2.0.13 version would only recogine the
drive on a warm boot and if the drive had a tape in it !!!

Alun

>This part leads me to believe that the tape drive is being detected on =
SCSI