Date:      Mon, 5 Mar 2012 07:16:00 -0600
From:      "Conrad J. Sabatier" <conrads@cox.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unexpected results from "make index" on a ports tree in a non-standard location,

On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 09:35:51 +0000
Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk> wrote:

> On 04/03/2012 23:28, Conrad J. Sabatier wrote:
> > Seems a little odd to me, but if that's the case, I guess I'll have
> > to make some adjustments to mkreadmes.
>
> You could just make all the URL paths in README.html files relative to
> the current location.  Makes the question of what ${PORTSDIR} is set
> to pretty much irrelevant.
>
> 	Cheers,
>
> 	Matthew

I've worked it out now.  The only place the canonical path is needed is
when searching the index.  Anywhere else, the real path is fine to use.

Turned out to be a very simple fix.

I uploaded mkreadmes-1.1.tar.bz2 to Sourceforge yesterday.  Still
awaiting the port update's commit.  Anyone using this thing really
should get the latest version, even if your ports tree is not in a
non-standard location, as I also added some checking of the index file
to catch any errors in the format of the lines.  Two rather important
fixes.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mkreadmes/files/mkreadmes-1.1.tar.bz2/download

--
Conrad J. Sabatier