Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 1995 17:30:37 GMT
From:      aturetta@stylo.italia.com (Angelo Turetta)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   telnet: slow connection

I'm having a strange behaviour from my 2.0.5-RELEASE box.
It's the Internet gateway for our Windows/WinNT LAN. Me and a couple
of fellow admins are using telnet for remote administration and unix
practice.
Problem is: from my WinNT 3.51 Workstation (with permanent IP address
& DNS mapping, no reverse mapping) I run telnet and soon I get the
login prompt. From another machine with Windows 3.11 (with IP from a
DHCP pool, DNS generic name mapping dhcpN and no reverse mapping)
after telnet says 'Connected' I've to wait about one minute for the
login prompt.

Any idea on how to solve that?

Thanks

Angelo Turetta.
System Administrator - STYLO S.r.l. - Bologna
aturetta@stylo.italia.com (Angelo Turetta)
100014.1757@compuserve.com