Date:      Sat, 03 Dec 2005 13:51:19 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
To:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   HEADS UP: Keyboard problems under GNOME 2.12.2

--=-rrsH9XyZUs9ClNIq4KGY

FYI, I have two GNOME 2.12.2 machines, and neither of them have had any
keyboard problems since the upgrade.  I'm not sure exactly why so many
people have been having problems.  For the record, here are the GConf
keys I have set under /desktop/peripherals/keyboard/kbd:

layouts          [us]
model            [pc105]
options          []
overrideSettings FALSE

In my xorg.conf, I have the following keyboard definition:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "keyboard"
EndSection

I would recommend anyone still experiencing keyboard errors when
starting GNOME to try those settings, and see if that resolves things.
=46rom there, start reapplying any differences until the problem returns.

Joe

--=20
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team      ::      gnome@FreeBSD.org