Date:      Mon, 13 Oct 1997 01:58:10 +0400 (MSD)
From:      =?KOI8-R?B?4c7E0sXKIP7F0s7P1w==?= <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        Mark Huizer <xaa@stack.nl>, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, denny1@home.com
Subject:   Re: wish /bin/sleep handled fractions of a second.

On Sun, 12 Oct 1997, Terry Lambert wrote:

> Yes.  I prefer that someone else fix the man page after this patch is
> committed.

You broke /bin/sleep POSIXness with your patch (for .* fraction). Read
about different sleep and usleep calls signal reaction. sleep supposed to
exit immediately (POSIX requirement) while usleep not (traditional BSD).
We need to fix usleep to do the same as sleep first to not break
/bin/sleep

--
Andrey A. Chernov
<ache@nietzsche.net>