Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 1995 12:14:20 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        hsu@freefall.freebsd.org (Jeffrey Hsu)
Cc:        current@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ufs_ihashget panic w/ NFS3

> I consistently get an
> 	panic: ufs_ihashget: recursive lock not expected -- pid 95
> when doing an ls in a directory nfs mounted from FreeBSD-current
> (as of this morning) to a DEC OSF/1 machine.  A localhost nfs mount of
> the same directory appears to work fine.

What kind of ls?

I need to know if you have an aliad for -F or are using a -l and thus
whether you are hitting stat, lstat, or neither.

I noticed a potential problem in the code in this area, but thought
it would never get exercised.  Apparently, someone is going bredth
first (unexpected client behaviour).

I have been unable to repeat the problem locally.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.