Date:      Sat, 21 Jun 1997 12:08:00 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        "John O'Farrell" <john@o-farrell.com>, questions@freebsd.com
Subject:   Re: (fsck) won't complete?

>It is on phase 4 that I experience difficulties, it seems to blow up with;
>pid 13 (fsck), uid 0: exited on signal 11
>#
>
>The system has fixed 11 bad blocks and most of the damage seems slight and
>repairable, document files and src libraries etc. Does anyone know if it is
>possible to continue, or do I need to start all over with a fresh
>installation?
>
>Thank you in advance for any thoughts/suggestions.
>John

I had a similar problem once, but I dont think it was core dumping on
signal 11... Assuming you are in single user mode, and the bad partition is
not mounted, try an unlimit first, and then run fsck on the problem
partition...

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mike@sentex.net)           * To do is to be  -- Nietzsche
Sentex Communications Corp,              * To be is to do  -- Sartre
Cambridge, Ontario                       * Do be do be do  -- Sinatra
(http://www.sentex.net/~mdtancsa)        *