Date:      Tue, 02 Jan 2001 02:38:06 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        "Michael C . Wu" <keichii@peorth.iteration.net>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Web based mp3 player?

In message <20010102033130.A56810@peorth.iteration.net> "Michael C
. Wu" writes:
: You can setup a MP3 streaming server (a few in the ports), she
: can then use WinAMP to play the music.  But she can't manage the queue.
:
: Or you can teach her how to use ports/audio/mp3blaster ...
:
: It's pretty hard to tunnel mp3 over HTTP. (No, let's not overload
: HTTP with everything in W. Stevens' TCP/IP vol. III.)

I guess I wasn't clear.  I have a laptop that is connected to a stereo
that is in the room we both sit and do work in.  Right now I can
control the music we listen to, but she can't.  I do this right now by
doing 'ssh laptop mpg123 files to play' and then I hear them.  She'd
like to be able to control what comes out of the speakers as well.
The sound isn't connected to her computer.

So it is controlling something over http rather than streaming mp3
over http.  The something just happens to be what the next N songs are
to be played.

I thought about having a lpr queue for this, but that seemed just too
strange for words...

Warner