Date:      Tue, 26 Nov 2013 21:47:29 -0700
From:      Alan Somers <asomers@freebsd.org>
To:        kyua-discuss@googlegroups.com,  "freebsd-testing@freebsd.org" <freebsd-testing@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Python unittest backend for Kyua

I wrote a Kyua backend for Python programs that use the unittest
module from the standard library.  It's incomplete (no man page, no
tests, no test case isolation, and no tested version of python other
than 2.7), but I'm posting it to discuss the approach.  Do you think
it's a good start?

Rather than use unittest's CLI, I wrote the backend to dynamically
load the file under test and interrogate the test using unittest as a
library.  This allowed more intimate access.  For example, the
unittest CLI doesn't have a "list" command, but the backend can still
list tests.

Does it look good so far?

-Alan