Date:      Tue, 7 Mar 1995 21:57:30 -0800 (PST)
From:      brian@MediaCity.com (Brian Litzinger)
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   New Cyclades Driver needs Major Device #?

Hi Folks (or it that hackers 8-)),

I've been porting my Cyclades driver from BSD/OS 1.1 to FreeBSD, and
today it said 'OK' in response to 'AT\r'. Yeah!

My driver, in case you missed my other posting, is nice and robust
and running at ISP sites under BSDI and working well and implements
just about all of the intelligent features of the CD1400.

I've re-named all the routines to avoid conflicts with the existing
FreeBSD cyclades driver.  I.E. my driver is 'cyb' as opposed to 'cy'.

Shall I request a major device number for it?  Or should we assume
people will choose between mine and the existing one and assign
their choice to the existing cy major device number?

Brian Litzinger
brian@easynet.com

p.s. My MPEG driver for the Talisman hardware decoder is up and displaying
MPEG systems streams in a Window under FreeBSD. Yeah2!
Still have a way to go on the window control section.

p.s.s. while I'm here anyway, why are netBSD and FreeBSD different efforts?