Date:      Tue, 14 Aug 2001 01:17:05 -0400
From:      Andrew J Caines <A.J.Caines@halplant.com>
To:        "Robert J. Adams" <radams@siscom.net>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Large /dev/md0 ramdisk

Robert,

Please forgive me not answering your question, but just responding to an
issue you've raised.

> From what I've read, md is a better way of going than mfs.

I have seen several references to md being preferred to mfs but have been
unable to find any detailed comparison or evaluation. To what reference
were you referring?

I've also seen it suggested that mfs is to go away, leaving only md. For
happy mfs users like myself who enjoy the convenience of a simple flexible
fstab entry sufficing for memory backed non-persistent filesystems, that
is of some concern.

Perhaps someone on -hackers could provide a good pointer or give details.

-Andrew-