Date:      Thu, 8 Mar 2001 16:55:04 +0100
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        "Robin P. Blanchard" <Robin_Blanchard@gactr.uga.edu>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs question

On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 10:46:06AM -0500, Robin P. Blanchard wrote:
> in my supfile, i have the following line:
> src-all tag=RELENG_4
>
> which gets me 4.3-BETA. what should the
> tag be changed to to get the 4.2-STABLE(frozen)
> code?

RELENG_4  is the correct tag for 4-STABLE.

At this moment in time 4-STABLE is called 4.3-BETA, two weeks ago it was
4.2-STABLE, next month it will be 4.3-STABLE and so on.

-STABLE is a continously moving target and the frozen code is generally
known as a release.

See also the FAQ at http://www.freebsd.org/FAQ/admin.html#RELEASE-CANDIDATE
for another answer to your question.

--