Date:      Mon, 24 Nov 1997 11:32:46 -0600 (CST)
From:      tphan@asl.dl.nec.com (Timothy Phan)
To:        aic7xxx@freebsd.org (AIC7770 List)
Subject:   Yamaha CDRECORDER & 2940

Hi,

  I'd like to know has anyone here used the Yamaha CD Recorder 400tx
  with Adaptec 2940 scsi controller under Linux to record files
  succesfully?

  I've just purchased the recorder and tried out the command:
    $ cdwrite --eject
  and the kernel/Adaptec driver kept printing out of a lot of message
  concerning the timeout/re-try on the CDrecorder device.

  I checked the dmesg and found out that the Adaptec 2940 driver
  printed out something like:

    "...Refuse to synchronize,  enabling Asynchronous transfer instead..."

  on the CD recorder drive.  The drive record OK in Window/NT.

  Any idea/suggestion,  please reply and HELP!  Thanks!

--
         --------------------  Timothy C. Phan (tphan@asl.dl.nec.com)
      --------------------                      NEC America, Inc. ASL