Date:      Wed, 18 Sep 2002 11:12:06 -0400
From:      Dexter McNeil <dexter@backtech.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Apache 1.3 + mod_ssl + php4 - not obvious how to all make work...

Has anyone built this combination from the ports collection? I keep
running into the same problem - when I try to start apache w/ssl, I get
the following error:

barney#	/usr/local/sbin/apachectl startssl
Syntax error on line 240 of /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache/libphp4.so into server:
/usr/local/libexec/apache/libphp4.so: Undefined symbol "ssl_onceonlyinit"
/usr/local/sbin/apachectl startssl: httpd could not be started

I've tried changing the makefile for mod-php4 to point to apache13-modssl
as the dependancy and letting the build for mod-php4 build & install
apache13-modssl, but then what I end up with is an apache that runs but
trying to start ssl causes it to barf up the above error. Installing
apache13-modssl first, then mod-php4 causes the above error to occur when
I start up apache by itself (depends on where the modphp4 directives land
in the httpd.conf file...).

Any and all clues appreciated!

	Many thanks,
	Dexter McNeil

--
The ultimate destination on the journey of life is a hole 6 feet deep.
Enjoy the journey - the destination is nothing to write home about.