Date:      Tue, 2 Jul 2002 19:07:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chris BeHanna <behanna@zbzoom.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        FreeBSD-Stable <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: pkg_fetch broken on 4.6 stable?

On Tue, 2 Jul 2002, Stephen L. Palmer wrote:

> I sent this to the list about a week ago.  The only response so far, was from
> someone else also having directory path issues with pkg_fetch.  Is this
> someting documented somewhere? If so, would someone please send me a pointer
> on how to correct this behaviour?
>
> Stephen L. Palmer

> It seems that 'portupgrade -P' won't ever get a package, so it builds from
> source every time.
>
> On investigation, it seems that pkg_fetch is getting the directory path
> wrong.
>
> In the example below, the correct path would have included
> 'packages-4-stable', not 'packages-4.6-stable', at least that's how the
> directory structure on the ftp sites are.

    You can fix this by editing /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf and
inserting the following environment variable setting:

    ENV['PACKAGES'] ||= '/export/freebsd/packages-4-stable'

    You'll notice that the default setting (shown in a comment) is messed
up in precisely the way you mention.

--
Chris BeHanna
Software Engineer                   (Remove "bogus" before responding.)