Date:      12 Nov 2002 21:10:13 +0000
From:      Stacey Roberts <stacey@Demon.vickiandstacey.com>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Gnome <freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Evolution-1.2 vs pgp encryption

Hello Marcus,
    For reference, I've included  FreeBSD-Questions for this reply, if
only to alert others to the status of this issue.

On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 19:49, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
<snipped>

> > I followed the instruction included in the link sent by Joe Marcus
> > Clarke:
> > http://developer.ximian.com/projects/evolution/release_notes/1.2.html
> >
> > Then restarted Evolution, which appeared to load okay. However I
> > attempted to test sending mail, and found that I am no longer able to
> > send email with "PGP Sign" enabled. I get the error: "Failed to execute
> > gpg". I have always had pgp-6.5.8 insatalled *and* working with
> > Evolution-1.0.8, is pgp-6.5.8 support now broken for the new version?
> >
> > I looked everywhere for what used to be the field to include the pgp
> > binary (as it was in Evolution-1.08, which I had until earlier today),
> > but can't locate it. Evolution help only points me to where I include my
> > key under the security tab, but nothing else.
> >
> > I tried searching through all available fields under "Mail Settings",
> > but could not find a setting switch with which I could configure pgp for
> > Evolution.
> >
> > Is there a new how-to for this in the new version somewhere that I
> > missed?
>
> That's a good question.  I use gnupg, so I didn't notice a problem.
> This looks like a bug in Evo to me.  As a workaround, you might try
> digging through the code to see if it's a hardcoded value.  I would also
> ask this question on one of the Evo support lists.
>
> Joe

I've mailed evolution@ximian.com concerning this issue, as well as
submitted a Bug Report to Ximian using their bugzilla engine. The Bug
Report ID: 33789

Cheers Joe.

Stacey

--