Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 2000 13:38:30 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Plan to incorporate chapter 2 of the 4.4BSD book

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000 07:36:20 -0400, John Baldwin wrote:

> > So now we really just need to decide where to put this beauty.
>
> Developer's Handbook. :)

I disagree because this chapter is of incredible value to newcomers who
have no interest at all in development.  In fact, when I first
approached Addison-Wesley for permission to reproduce the chapter, it
was novice end-users that I had in mind.

Certainly, we could reference the chapter from within the Developer's
Handbook, but it's certainly not developer-centric at all.

Ciao,
Sheldon.