Date:      Sat, 9 Mar 2002 17:19:02 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim Kellers <timothyk@serv1.wallnet.com>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   wi error

Apologies if this has been covered during the last couple of days, but my
e-mail access to this account has been limited...

Ever since I cvsupped and built world, kernel, installed kernel and
installed world on March 7, this message has been popping up nearly
constantly on my console:

wi0: timeout in wi_cmd 11; event status 8000

FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE Dell Latitude 600, Lucent/Orinoco Gold card (128 bit).

I'm not experiencing any apparent problems with my wireless connections.
File transfers and connectivity seems the same as they have always been
--trouble free.

I re "supped" this morning and built and installed everything again --no
change.

I did notice, though, that the dmesg entry for the wireless card did
change a bit since the March 7 build.

wi0: <WaveLAN/IEEE 802.11> at port 0x240-0x27f irq 11 slot 1 on pccard1
wi0: 802.11 address: 00:02:2d:49:2a:73
wi0: using Lucent chip or unknown chip

That "using Lucent chip or unknown chip" is the unfamiliar part of the
dmesg.

Thanks for any hints,

Tim Kellers
CPE/NJIT