Date:      Thu, 3 Mar 2005 23:56:50 -0500 (EST)
From:      chad@zetaweb.com
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        chad@zetaweb.com
Subject:   www/78391: 4.11-RELEASE online man pages apparently out of sync

>Number:         78391
>Category:       www
>Synopsis:       4.11-RELEASE online man pages apparently out of sync
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD josemaria.zetadev.com 4.11-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.11-RELEASE #0: Thu Mar 3 14:21:02 EST 2005 root@josemaria.zetadev.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC i386

I just upgraded to 4.11-RELEASE and got all excited when I started browsing the
jail-related man pages on the website because it looks like the nifty jail
management tools from 5.x have been backported. However, I am unable to locate
these utilities on my local system, and in fact the local man pages bear this
out. I also checked my local source for killall and did not find the -j option.

Furthermore, the aac(4) man page, which I also happened to check online, is
also out of sync with my local man pages.

Therefore, either the 4.11-RELEASE man pages on the website are out of sync, or
I miffed something in the upgrade (it's my first time upgrading). Since both
uname and my local man pages indicate that the upgrade succeeded, I believe
that the online man pages for 4.11-RELEASE are wrong.

I have elevated the severity and priority of this issue because nothing on the
website leads me to believe that its man pages should be less trustworthy than
my local copies, and up to this point I have depended on them almost
exclusively.

>How-To-Repeat:

0) View jail(8) man page for 4.11-RELEASE online:
   http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=jail&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=FreeBSD+4.11-RELEASE&format=html

1) Note the -i option.

2) Install FreeBSD 4.11-RELEASE.

3) View jail(8) man page locally.

EXPECTED RESULT:

see -i option in local manpage

ACTUAL RESULT:

no -i option

>Fix:

Bring online man pages in sync with 4.11-RELEASE. Additionally, verify that all
other online versions of the man pages are accurate.