Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 1999 12:06:29 +1000 (EST)
From:      "Michael Kenneth Henry" <mhenry@black.ug.cs.usyd.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.2.6 -> 3.1 Questions

Hello all,

	I recently upgraded from 2.2.6 to 3.1.

I notice that the directory /modules exists. Does this replace the
directory /lkm?

Are the files /etc/{daily,weekly,monthly} replaced by the files in
/etc/periodic? (Can I delete them without ill effect?)

In the LINT configuration file, there is mention of "coloring" under
"Optimizations for VM subsystem". What is coloring? Should I use it?

Another question about the Unix Users Supplementary Documents (USD) and
Programmers Supplementary Documents (PSD): Why are many of these
documents missing?

I'd *really* like to have some of these documents on my system,
(like "An Introduction to the UNIX Shell" by Steve Bourne and the
SED and AWK docs), but they're missing.

Thanks,

	Michael