Date:      Wed, 6 Sep 2000 13:17:39 -0400
From:      "Cribbins, Jason" <Jason.Cribbins@qwest.com>
To:        newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Update port collection

I though just editing the makefile with the new file and packagename would
work but it failed checksum in the now invalid MD5 file.  How to I get newer
ports...makefile, md5 and such for my ports collection?  I would rather not
have to download and burn a new ISO ever few months because ports go out of
date.

I don't have a browser on this bsd box (not that I know of anyhow) so I
can't download from www.apache.org.  I have win2k boxes that can do this but
I have also not been successful in sharing files between these machines over
my LAN.  The handbook states to load from the internet you must already have
the md5 and makefile....and it never says where to find such things.

Jason Cribbins
MGM & FtS Productions
"kibserv project"