Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2007 00:35:19 +0900 (JST)
From:      Ken Yamada <ken@tydfam.jp>
To:        david@vizion2000.net
Cc:        tmclaugh@sdf.lonestar.org, freebsd-eclipse@freebsd.org, delphij@delphij.net, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, nemoliu@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: eclipse 3.3.0

  Is there any progress in porting eclipse 3.3 so far?

  I am struggling at it without any success yet. And I would like to have any support/help from others - it is somewhat beyond my knowledge....

  Some I noticed are;
  1) It requires jdk1.6.0 - jdt compilation fails with jdk1.5.0.
  2) file organization has changed somewhat.
      features/org.eclipse.platform.launchers disappeared.
      features/org.eclipse.equinox.executable coming up.
      etc...

  Although it has quite a problem - can't complete compilation, you'll find http://www.tydfam.jp/eclipse33.tgz that I am using for porting for those who have interests in porting eclipse 3.3.0.

  I hope that gurus in the community accelerate the porting work.