Date:      Mon, 29 Jul 2002 23:36:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Andre Hall" <ahall@pcgameauthority.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mail systems

I agree. I've used Postfix on small to very large corporate
environments and was able to set up mail server with ease. Postfix's
config file is simple and easy to understand while keeping security in
mind. I use it for my home office and the multiple domains I run and
it has run without skipping a beat. Sendmail has alway left a bad
taste in my mouth for being so complicated in its configuration and
almost leaving you to feel that you need to to major in rocket
science. The author of Postfix has very good documentation on his site
and there is even a book now available which was published by SAMS
(www.samspublishing.com).

> If you have a big net to take care my advice: Use Postfix. Fast and
easy.

> Cheers
>
> Ata.
>

> on Monday, 29 Jul 2002 21:26:19, Samuel Chow wrote:
> > On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 23:14:19 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
> > "Cort Naegelin" <jtylor20@attbi.com> wrote:
> >
> > >      Could also use some suggestions on which MTA to use.
Feeling about
> > > sendmail, Qmail, and Postfix would help.
> >
> > 	If you talk to three people, you get four answers on which
> > 	MTA to use!
> >
> > 	I personally use qmail, and I really like it.  It is rather
> > 	simple to setup, comparing to the syntax of sendmail.  And
> > 	now that I am very comfortable with qmail, I am not changing
> > 	unless there are some very compelling reasons.  I have no
> > 	experience on Postfix.
> >
> > ---
> > Samuel Chow
> > cyschow@shaw.ca
> >
> > Segmentation Fault (core dumped)
> > This message is displayed using recycled electrons.

> > with "unsubscribe freebsd-newbies" in the body of the message
>
> --
>  Ataualpa Albert Carmo Braga            atabraga@iqm.unicamp.br
>                                         http://www.iqm.unicamp.br

NeoMail - Webmail that doesn't suck... as much.
http://neomail.sourceforge.net