Date:      Tue, 25 Mar 2003 15:38:39 -0800
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <myevmenk@exodus.net>
To:        Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: some bluetooth fun for long afternoon

Pav,

> i'm toying with my palm m125 and bluetooth sdio card.

cool :)

> connecting/disconnecting works fine, and i had only one crash on palm,
> which is kind of miracle comparing it to 1.0 version of palm stack,
> which i used before and which crashed nearly on every occasion. now i
> have latest revision 1.7 from palm website.

:) good. basic stuff works :)

> i paired them without problem, but sdptool browse does not return
> anything. have a look below.

hmmm... looks familiar... i think MS Bluetooth keyboard/mouse
also do not respond to "browse" command. Could you please try
to "search" for the specific service?

% sdptool search --bdaddr m123_bdaddr [--tree] SERVICE

where SERVICE one of the following:

	SP DUN LAN FAX OPUSH FTRN NAP GN HID CIP

or you also can use UUID, i.e 0x1002

 > fun is that RFCOMM channels on palm seems
> to be assigned to applications rathen than to common profiles, it seems,
> because by trying i found out that channel 1 is bluechat (simple
> chatting application) and channel 2 is blueboard (drawing sharing
> application). can't find channel for obex :(

please try "search" and let me know if it works. if that does
not work then you somehow should know RFCOMM channel number :)

> < ACL data: handle 0x0029 flags 0x02 dlen 24
>     L2CAP(d): cid 0x40 len 20 [psm 1]
>         SDP SSA Req: tid 0x0 len 0xf
>           pat uuid-16 0x1002 (PubBrwsGrp)
>           max 0xffff
>           aid(s) 0x0000 - 0xffff
>           cont 00
>
> > ACL data: handle 0x0029 flags 0x02 dlen 15
>     L2CAP(d): cid 0x72 len 11 [psm 1]
>         SDP SSA Rsp: tid 0x0 len 0x6
>           cnt 0x3
>  len 0x3 frm->len 0x1 n 0x0
>           cont 00

well, something on Palm *is* responding to our request and
tells us that nothing about services :)

> And list of remote supported features, if you're interested:
>
> Features: 0xff 0xff 0xd 00 00 00 00 00
> <3-Slot> <5-Slot> <Encryption> <Slot offset>
> <Timing accuracy> <Switch> <Hold mode> <Sniff mode>
> <Park mode> <RSSI> <Channel quality> <SCO link>
> <HV2 packets> <HV3 packets> <u-law log> <A-law log> <CVSD>
> <Power control> <Transparent SCO data>
 >
 > it have everything my dongle have, except <Paging scheme>

everything looks great. if you can establish baseband connection
(and you can) than its not a radio problem anymore. both devices
can send and receive data thus the problem is somewhere else.

thanks,
max