Date:      Mon, 20 Aug 2012 12:51:38 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hiroki Sato <hrs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        mcgovern@beta.com
Cc:        freebsd-arm@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd-arm Digest, Vol 329, Issue 5

----Security_Multipart(Mon_Aug_20_12_51_38_2012_302)--

"Brian J. McGovern" <mcgovern@beta.com> wrote
  in <1345431516.1608.6.camel@fbsd-workstation.beta.com>:

mc> On Fri, 2012-08-03 at 12:00 +0000, freebsd-arm-request@freebsd.org
mc> wrote:
mc> > Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 05:58:53 GMT
mc> > From: hrs@FreeBSD.org
mc> > Subject: Re: arm/156814: OpenRD Ultimate does not boot on DB-88F6XXX
mc> >         or      SHEEVAPLUG kernel configurations
mc> > To: hrs@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-arm@FreeBSD.org, hrs@FreeBSD.org
mc> > Message-ID: <201208030558.q735wrqE082699@freefall.freebsd.org>
mc> >
mc> > Synopsis: OpenRD Ultimate does not boot on DB-88F6XXX or SHEEVAPLUG
mc> > kernel configurations
mc> >
mc> > Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-arm->hrs
mc> > Responsible-Changed-By: hrs
mc> > Responsible-Changed-When: Fri Aug 3 05:58:30 UTC 2012
mc> > Responsible-Changed-Why:
mc> > I'll take this.
mc> >
mc> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=156814
mc> >
mc> >
mc>
mc> I have a patch set working based on FreeBSD 9.0 for the OpenRD Ultimate
mc> derived from the patch set in the bug (with additional contributions and
mc> changes). It boots the kernel from NAND, and I have a mostly working
mc> driver for the SD card. There appears to be an initialization problem in
mc> the code - presently, I have about a half dozen lines #ifdef'ed so that
mc> it will work with an already installed SD (it will panic if its removed
mc> and reinserted), or it will work if you insert the SD card after boot
mc> (you can insert and remove to your heart's content, but if you boot the
mc> box with an SD card installed, it will panic).
mc>
mc> Late last week, I had started the process of building some diffs from my
mc> code base to move it forward to 9.1 or -current.
mc>
mc> If this would be helpful to you in any way, let me know. Similarly, if
mc> you need any testing...

 If you have a revised patch set please send it to me.  I am working
 on multiple Kirkwood-based boards including OpenRD now and will
 commit the necessary changes.

-- Hiroki