Date:      Tue, 28 Dec 1999 00:55:43 -0500
From:      "Joe Gleason" <clash@tasam.com>
To:        <freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Hassle Creative Labs into releasing infomation (for dxr2)

Here is my current understanding.  If I am incorrect about any of this,
someone please correct me.

- I have a DVD-Drive and Dxr2 card (both Creative Labs products).
- The DVD drive is supported under FreeBSD for reading normal CD's only
- The Dxr2 card is not supported at all
- These lack of support situations could be best corrected if Creative Labs
released detailed tech info to FreeBSD coders who could then write drivers
- Creative has been uncooperative about giving out info

If all the above is correct, then I suggest we collectively hassle Creative
Labs into releasing said infomation.  Any thoughts?
I was reading through the archives and noted that someone said something
along the lines of:
If vendors do not share info with us so that we can support them, we just
won't support them and cause users to boycot them.

I agree with this statement in principal but I do not think FreeBSD is big
enough to really get them to pay attention if we don't let them know we are
here.

Therefore I suggest that everyone intersted goto:
http://www.americas.creative.com/feedback-products.html
And submit a comment about releasing info the FreeBSD and Linux developers.

That way we can maybe watch our DVD's before we crush M$ with our iron fist.

That's probably more than enough out of me.

Joe Gleason
Tasam