Date:      Sat, 24 Feb 2001 16:33:59 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jonathan Hanna <pangolin@home.com>
To:        William Denton <buff@pobox.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: "cannot find label (no disk label)"

I am seeing something similar on an old Pentium (that i don't have
physical access to, grrr). I attempted to upgrade from 4.0 to 4.2-stable of a
couple of days ago and when the new kernel boots the
"no disk label: and "Root mount failed: 22" also appear.
I am told that there is also
"ad0: hard read error blk=64 stat=54 ..." or some such.

Any ideas?

Jonathan Hanna <pangolin@home.com>