Date:      Thu, 27 Mar 1997 14:13:30 -0700 (MST)
From:      Wes Peters - Softweyr LLC <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        dkelly@hiwaay.net
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSD Anniversary

David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net recent blathered:
> Found an Apple II Plus at an auction recently. Two disk drives, joystick,
> and a bunch of original software. Got it for $8. We need a FreeBSD version
> of LodeRunner....

We had an Apple ][ inside the "VAX Cave" in the CS lab at Weber State.
The only boot disk we had for it was LodeRunner.  One night I'd played
from level 8 up to 14, been stting at that damned thing for about 6
hours, and on my way home approached a major intersection (Harrison &
Washington /US89 for you Ogden-ites) and saw a car approaching from the
right.  I thought to myself "no problem, I'll just burn a hole, he'll
fall into it, and I can go right no through the light.  When I relaized
what had happened, I locked up the brakes and stopped about 3 feet into
the intersection.  I stopped playing LodeRunner for a while after
that.

Retire that Apple ][ back to coffe-table status and find a copy of
Xrunner.  It's not quite as good as the Apple version, but still
entertaining.  I think it's in the packages for 2.1.5.