Date:      Tue, 27 Dec 2011 15:18:04 +0100
From:      Pawel Tyll <ptyll@nitronet.pl>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org, "Alexander V. Chernikov" <melifaro@freebsd.org>, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Firewall Profiling.

> plans, yes - not sure how long it will take. I have compiled
> ipfw+dummynet as a standalone module (outside the kernel)
> but have not yet hooked the code to netmap to figure out how fast
> it can run.
If  I  understand  correctly, this would require netmap to catch every
packet from interfaces that would be firewalled/routed using ipfw, and
then  during processing determine if packet is destined for local host
or  network  and  write it out to host kernel for normal processing or
quickly  write it out to some destination OS? In other words, userland
routing  engine using netmap? :)